The tables are heating up at San Manuel Casino this Summer. Join us every Saturday in June and July for our $185,000 Blackjack Tournament Series for a chance to win a share of thousands in Promo Chips, including a $75,000 Grand Prize! Weekly tournaments run every week – June 5, 12, 19 and 26 and July 3, 10, 17 and 24 – in the Rockin’ Casino on the second floor of the Casino. Registration/Buy-in runs from 11:30am until 2:30pm and is $200. A Thrillagain Chip can be purchased for an additional $100 in cash. Re-buys are the same price. Tournament Play follows from Noon until 2:30pm. Eighty winners total advance to the Finale on Saturday, July 31. Registration begins at 11:30am and continues until 12:50pm. Seat assignments will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Tournament Play follows at 1pm, with four total rounds to determine the Top Player who will take home $75,000 in Promo Chips. Bonus Drawings follow every 30 minutes from 4:30pm until 6pm. Five (5) winners will receive $500 Promo Chips.
The Top 9 and a Wild Card Winner will win a spot in the July 31 Finale and the following in Promo Chips:
1. Must be 21 years of age or older to participate and must be a member of the Club Serrano program. Membership is free.
2. Casino capacity is limited and participation into a tournament is not guaranteed if a patron is unable to register during the times stated in these official rules. No special circumstances will warrant the delaying of a tournament to be able to accommodate individuals or groups of individuals.
3. Tournament will take place on Saturdays, June: 5, 12, 19, and 26; July 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2021 and the Finale will be held on Saturday, July 31, 2021 in the Rockin’ Casino Tables.
4. Members can Buy-in from 11:30am – 2:30pm. Tournament buy-in will be $200 and a ThrillAgain Chip can be purchased for an additional $100 in cash or chips only.
5. Rebuy-in will be available for the same price. Members can become a finalist once during the promotional period.
6. Tournament play will be from 12:00pm to 3:00pm Sit and Go format.
a) There will be six (6) tables, five (5) players on each table. Players will receive an assigned seat and table number by a Table Games Pit Boss.
i) The top nine (9) overall players with the highest chip count at the conclusion of each Promotional Day will advance to the finale on July 31, 2021.
ii) If players rebuy, only the highest score will count towards finale advancement (scores do not stack).
b) Winners will be awarded the following prizes each week:
i) 1st place - $5,000 Promotional Chips; 2nd place - $1,500 Promotional Chips; 3rd place - $1,000 Promotional Chips; 4th place - $750 Promotional Chips; 5th place - $500 Promotional Chips; 6th- 9th place $250 Promotional Chips.
7. Wild Cards:
a) Once members buy-in, they will receive one (1) Wild Card. Members can only receive one (1) Wild card per tournament day.
b) At the conclusion of each tournament one (1) Wild card winner will be drawn as an additional player to advance to the Finale on July 31, 2021 and receive $250 in Promotional Chips.
c) Winners must be present to win and claim within two (2) minutes of announcement in the Rockin’ Casino Tables.
8. There will be a Bonus Drawing at the end of each tournament, where five (5) winners will receive $500 in Promotional Chips. First place winner will not be eligible. Winners will have seven (7) minutes to claim their prize. No redraws
a) A ThrillAgain is when a player chooses to discard one of their current cards and replace it with another. It can be used to replace one of the first 2 cards but once action has been taken on the hand, the Thrillagain can only replace the most recent hit card. The player can then continue to have action on the hand once the card has been replaced. The replacement card will be the next card in the shoe.
b) ThrillAgain may only be used once.
c) If player does not use ThrillAgain, and is eliminated, the chip is forfeited.
10. Ties - If two or more players are tied, each remaining participant will receive $10,000 in tournament chips and a four (4) hand playoff will be used to determine the advancing player or winner. If still tied after four (4) hands, there will be a sudden death playoff, which will continue until a winner is decided. Final scores will be posted at 4:00pm each Promotional Day, players with a tied score will be notified using the PA system. Players will have seven (7) minutes to report to the tournament area. If a tied player fails to report within seven (7) minutes the following tie breakers will be used: If a player is not present for tie-breaker, the player who is present will advance. If all of the players involved in tie-breakers are not present, the next highest score will advance.
11. Finale Tournament on July 31, 2021
a) All eighty (80) finalists can begin registering from 11:30am – 12:50pm. Seat assignments will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
b) ThrillAgains will available for purchase on the Finale day for $200 in cash or chips only.
12. Tournament will begin at 1:00pm.
a) Round One: All participants will play and the Top thirty (30) with the highest chip count will advance to the Quarter Final Round.
b) Quarter Final: All thirty (30) remaining participants will play and the Top fifteen (15) with the highest chip count will advance to the Semi- Finals.
c) Semi Final: All fifteen (15) remaining participants will play and the Top five (5) with the highest chip count will advance to the Championship.
d) Championship: All five (5) remaining participants will play and the member with the highest chip count will receive $75,000 in Promo Chips.
13. Bonus Drawings: At 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, and 6:00pm there will be 5 winners each drawing that will receive $500 in Promotional Chips.
a) Only the Finale participants will be eligible.
b) Tournament winner will not be eligible.
c) Winners will have seven (7) minutes to claim their prize. No redraws.
14. Tournament Rules
a) When the tournament is about to begin, the tournament format, rules and betting structure will be conveyed to the players by a tournament official.
b) If a player has not shown up at their assigned table when it is time to start play, they will forfeit the round and be eliminated from the tournament.
c) Players may not change tables or seats without a tournament official’s approval.
d) It may become necessary to reassign tables or seats to accommodate players with special needs.
e) In order to keep betting and play fair and even for all players, a rotating dealer button will be used. The dealer button will start in the first (1) seat to the dealer’s right and will rotate clockwise around the table requiring a different player to place their bet first in each hand. This negates any sort of seating advantage and keeps the players on an even playing field.
f) Players will place bets, receive cards and act on their hand in order, with the player sitting to the left of the dealer button betting first, receiving cards first and acting on their hand first.
g) The dealer will receive their cards in turn, after the player on the dealer’s right receives their cards.
h) The player with the dealer button will always act last. After all players have acted on their hands, the dealer’s hand will be exposed and acted upon.
i) Each player must make a minimum bet on every deal or they may bet any amount above the minimum bet including betting all of their chips.
j) When it is a player’s turn to bet, and they have released chips in the betting circle, their bet amount cannot be changed.
k) Bets made out of turn will not be binding. If a player places a bet in their betting circle before it is their turn to bet, when it is their turn to bet, they may either let the bet stand or remove the bet and bet a different amount.
l) A player sitting at the table may not sit out a hand and must bet at least the minimum bet every hand.
m) If a player misses a hand because they have left the table, they will forfeit the round and be eliminated from the tournament.
n) Misdealt hands that cannot be backed up will void all hands and will be made up after the cut card comes out.
o) Hand signals are required for conveying player actions on each hand and take precedence over any verbal action.
p) Once a hand is completed, the dealer will pay winning hands and collect from losing hands in accordance with standard blackjack procedures.
q) SMC standard blackjack rules will apply with the following exceptions;
i) Natural blackjacks will be paid at two (2) to one (1).
ii) Players will not be allowed to take insurance on their hand.
iii) Players will not be allowed to surrender their hand.
r) Each round of play will consist of twenty (20) hands.
i) After the cut card comes out, one more hand will be played.
ii) If the cut card is the first card to come out, two more hands will be played.
s) Players may not be coached while at the table, whether the player is in a hand or in-between hands.
t) Players will be required to use English only while at the table.
u) By participating in the tournament, each participant agrees to and acknowledges that they will abide by the official rules, regulations and procedures of the tournament.
v) Any players caught playing unethically, especially those in collusion, may be disqualified from the tournament and/or permanently banned from play in future tournaments.
w) Any violations of the tournament rules may result in immediate disqualification of the player(s) involved. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the blackjack tournament committee will be final.
x) In the event of a dispute, the tournament official’s decision will be final.
15. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
16. The winner must fill out a prize agreement and W-9 and provide a valid I.D. to claim the prize (when applicable).
17. Falsification of any information will result in ineligibility.
18. By participating in the promotion, all participants agree to and acknowledge that they will abide by the official rules, regulations and procedures of the promotion. Official rules will be posted on the Casino floor and also made available at Guest Services/Club Serrano booths.